Webinar on CHW Reimbursement for Community-Based Prevention
Reimbursement Strategies for Community-Based Prevention Services
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
Click here to register
The purpose of this webinar is to highlight a new opportunity for funding community-based prevention services.
As of January 1, 2014, a new Medicaid rule will allow reimbursement for preventive services delivered by non-licensed providers, upon referral from a licensed Medicaid provider. Presenters will discuss implementation requirements for states and communities, examples of successful strategies for preventive service delivery by non-licensed providers such as Community Health Workers, and collaboration with state Medicaid agencies and Managed Care Organizations to pursue coverage for new reimbursement. Challenges discussed will include implementing programs with non-licensed providers and developing partnerships with Medicaid. Presenters will offer steps to overcome these barriers. This webinar will also include discussion around identifying multiple opportunities for partnerships to address chronic disease prevention and establish long-term funding for sustainability.
By the end of this webinar, awardees are expected to be able to:
- Describe the new opportunity for reimbursement of community prevention related to the Medicaid rule change.
- Identify at least two tools/resources for guidance on working with Medicaid agencies and how to pursue Medicaid reimbursement or coverage for preventive services post-webinar.
- Initiate discussion around developing multiple partnerships for sustainability of chronic disease prevention efforts.
- Trust for America’s Health
- Public Health Institute; University of California, San Francisco
- Institute for Public Health Innovation
If you have any questions regarding this webinar, please contact us at DCH-Training@icfi.com.